You might be new to property ownership and once the initial excitement recedes, the reality of being a homeowner sinks in. It’s no easy task to manage a family home, there are many things that can go wrong; here are some of the domestic services that you are likely to need sometime in the future.
- Plumber/Drain Unblocker – A blocked drain is no laughing matter and should it happen to you, resist the urge for a home fix, as 9 times out of 10, you simply make things worse. Rather call in a drain cleaner (some plumbers still offer this service), who has the know-how and the equipment to locate and remove the blockage.
- Locksmith – Do the smart thing and note the number of an emergency Baldivis locksmith, as there will come a day when you lock yourself out of your home. The locksmith can also replace broken locks and install cutting edge security systems, plus they can usually get into cars when the keys are left inside.
- Electrician – Here’s hoping you never need this tradie, but if you do have a power outage or other issue, you are advised to leave it to the professional. When you decide to build an extension, the electrician can wire up the lights and power sockets; a Google search will land you on the website of a local electrician.
- Roofing Contractor – The roof is the most important component of the house and an annual inspection is advised, which will reveal any shortcomings and should you notice you have a leaking roof, he is the man to call.
- Tree Surgeon – Your local arborist has many homeowner clients that wish to have their trees pruned and shaped and for a small fee, he will periodically visit and make sure that your trees are not impeding power and phone lines, while also looking for signs of disease.
- TV/Cable Engineer – Of course, you want crystal clear reception for your favourite shows and if you have any issues with your cable or analogue TV reception, this professional has all the solutions.
It’s always best to be prepared and pre-sourcing the above services is a great idea. When you do need a locksmith for an emergency, his number will be in your phone memory. Most service providers have a 24/7 number that you can call, but be aware that some add a call-out charge if the visit is outside of normal working hours.