It is important to plan and prepare carefully to move a refrigerator from one home to another. These are the steps to follow in order to properly move a refrigerator.
- Clean the fridge: Make sure to clean the exterior and interior of the fridge thoroughly before you move. This will allow the refrigerator to cool down and allow it to warm up to room temperature.
- Take out shelves and other removable components. This will lower the refrigerator’s weight and protect it from any damage during transit.
- Secure the refrigerator doors with tape or bungee cables to stop them opening during transit.
- Prepare the refrigerator for transport: Wrap it in blankets or furniture pads to protect it against scratches and dents during transit. To prevent the refrigerator from moving in the truck, you can secure it with ropes or straps.
- Loading and unloading a refrigerator: Make sure you have at least 2 people to lift the fridge and place it on a cart. Do not tilt the refrigerator too far as oil can leak out and cause damage.
- Plugging the refrigerator in: Once you have moved into your new house, allow the refrigerator to settle before plugging it in again. This will prevent damage to the refrigerator’s refrigeration system.
These steps will ensure your fridge arrives at your new residence in good shape and safe manner.
This post was written by a professional at Greenbar Storage. Greenbar Storage has a wide range of storage units available in Prineville, Oregon. They offer a variety, including ground-level access, security cameras, 24/7 accessibility, and parking spaces. Locally owned and operated, we are the best choice for convenient and clean self storage Bend Oregon region. All of our commercial storage clients accept deliveries from businesses.