Congratulations! You’ve decided to take the big step of moving abroad or long distance. You have a lot to think about and plan, including how to move your furniture to your new home. You’ll need to price everything out, choose your long-distance movers, and set your dates before anything else. Here’s what you need to know about moving your furniture abroad and long distances.
Pricing Your Move
The first thing to do is to figure out how much it is going to cost. You can use moving calculators, which will give you a rate based on the distance from the origin to destination, and factor in the size of the move. However, the most accurate way to get a price for your move is by contacting long distance movers.
They will take a look at your situation considering factors including the size and weight of the furniture, the number of pieces, and the terrain in between. This will give you an accurate estimate of the cost of your move.
Choosing Your Movers
Once you have an estimate of the cost of your move, you can start to choose your movers. There are a lot oflong-distance moving companies out there, so it can be hard to decide which one to choose.
Some things to consider when choosing a long-distance mover are their reputation, their services, and the price they charge. Make sure to ask for quotes from at least a few different companies and compare how they do the job along with how you feel about them.
Setting Your Dates
Once you have chosen your movers and determined the cost of your move, you need to set a date for your move. This will help to ensure that everything goes according to plan.
Make sure to give your movers enough time to prepare for your move. They will need to load your furniture onto trucks and transport it to your new home. Give them at least four weeks to complete your move.
If your move is to another country, you might need to cross an ocean to get there. In that case, they will need to give you a detailed itinerary of the move and the estimated time it will take.
Moving your furniture is a big undertaking, but with a little preparation and coordination, it can be a painless process. Follow these tips and you’ll be on your way to a smooth move.
Self-Packing: The Pros and Cons
For most moves, many people like to pack up their own house. There are a few reasons for this:
- It’s cheaper. Unless you’re using a professional mover, you’re going to have to pay someone to pack and haul your furniture. By doing it yourself, you can save a lot of money.
- It’s easier. If you’re packing light and taking only the essentials, you can do it yourself in a day or two.
- It’s less stressful. When you do it yourself, you’re in control of the process.
There are a few things to keep in mind when packing your furniture:
- Be sure to pack everything properly. Don’t try to pack things in too small of a box, or you might end up with a lot of damage.
- Don’t stack things too high. You might not be able to get them out of the house once they’re packed.
- Be prepared to make some sacrifices. You might have to give up a few pieces of furniture to make room for your new ones.
Unfortunately, it can also be incredibly inconvenient and difficult to self-pack your home to move overseas. You should be the one selecting what you want to take with you for the most part, but there are considerations that only professional movers will be able to handle.
For example, you’ll need to get insurance for your furniture and make sure you have the right packing materials. You might also need to hire a professional to pack and load your furniture onto the truck.
Some Final Tips
Here are a few final tips for moving your furniture overseas or long distance:
- Get a moving estimate. This will help you to price out the move and figure out how much money you’ll need to save.
- Select your movers carefully. Make sure to ask for quotes from at least three different companies.
- Plan your move well in advance. Give your movers enough time to prepare for your move.
Get Started with Your Move by Contacting Long Distance Movers
If you’re ready to move your furniture overseas or long distance, contact long distance movers today. They will be able to give you a price for your move, as well as a detailed itinerary of the move. Whether you’re looking for long distance movers in Calgary or long distance movers in Edmonton, there is sure to be a professional long distance mover to help with your situation.
Infographic Provided By Moving Leads Company, USA Home Listings